Saturday, December 24, 2011

Lana del Rey in V Magazine


I guess I'd call Lana del Rey a contemporary beauty in a classical way. Granted this is probably exactly the image she is going for or would love to have people call her. There is something mysterious about Lana del Rey. Maybe it's the way she hit the internet like a viral video earlier this year with "Video Games." She has not left us as an audience with much to grasp onto. This is about to change with the release of Born To Die this coming January. We will all finally have a chance to make our crass flash judgements of her. V Magazine recently interviewed Miss Rey and you can check the whole thing out here.


Lana on the production of Born To Die: ["I've kept it family. The beats are being looked after by my beat man. The arrangements are being done by my string man." There will be no industry grooming for the current and future pop star Lana del Rey] -excerpt from V magazine spot. 

 




1 comment:

  1. Can't wait to listen to her full album, when it hits at the end of jan, very promising singer, although I had trouble labelling her music for my year-end lists.
    The expectations are so high, that I'm afraid the LP may not live up to all the hype, we'll see.

    ReplyDelete